The mission of the Centre for Disaster Management and Public Safety is to conduct multi-disciplinary research on all aspects of disaster management and public safety both nationally and internationally.
Key goals of the Centre are to:
- Conduct world recognized research into disaster/emergency management and public safety
- Encourage collaborative research projects with state and federal governments in Australia, the private sector and leading overseas universities stakeholders
- Create an open-standards initiative to develop interoperability architecture to test and develop models on multi hazard disasters
- Disseminate research findings through academic publications, seminars, conferences and scholarly interchange
- Develop and enhance the knowledge base and research capabilities in emergency/disaster management through research, training and specific initiatives such as workshops, symposia and conferences
- Conduct short training programs in the fields of emergency/disaster management especially at the executive level for government agencies (both Australian and international), private sector bodies and other interested groups
- Develop and implement a Masters level course for disaster management and public safety
For more information about Centre’s leadership, please visit here.